• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A I have some questions

I have just failed; while studying I watched your videos and did the 150 question practice test over and over again. My question is what should I do next, how should I change my studying methods?

In late-effect codes, do current codes go first or past disease codes.
ex. Stroke or Paralysis (which code goes first?)

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I have just failed; while studying I watched your videos and did the 150 question practice test over and over again. My question is what should I do next, how should I change my studying methods?

In late-effect codes, do current codes go first or past disease codes.
ex. Stroke or Paralysis (which code goes first?)
Hi Nirmala,

This is what I reccomend - you may have done some of these steps.

1) Take a full coding course with lots of time to do actual coding
2) Watch the Blitz videos and mark up your CPT manual to look as mine does with every page bubbled and highlighted and notated.
3) Take TIMED practice exams using techniques on videos over and over until you get an 85%. The practice exams should be new each time you take them. Read all rationales before taking new exam. Ask yourself how you could have done process of elimination better. Apply what you learned on next practice exam attempt.

Did you watch the Blitz videos or YouTube videos? If you are a Blitz customer please take advantage of our weekly support calls on Thursday nights.

See this page for where to get practice exams
https://www.cco.us/cpc-exam-success-formula-practice-exams/

Ruth, Thanks for looking up those videos!